Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I AM

victorious
a proud child of the west & south side
now i am recuperating on the left side
los angeles
home to many angels
(the devil was angel)
i am a warrior
i am also afraid
afraid to get hurt
this time last year i was holding Moon Cakes
welcoming the tiger winds
arms outstretched enjoying china
now i am in a cast
tendons tendor
bicep bisected
collar bone collapsed
vulnerable
must
learn to reuse arm
i think i can. i am the little engine
so are you
do it humbly
but do it
sifu bruce lee after being told he would never walk again
simply said
WALK ON
and he did.
walk on
walk on
walk with me
i accept your love
though i am not the best at being your friend
your
phone call
text
tweet saves me
you who didnt blink while i cried
and YOU
bathed me. fed me. dressed me.
read me to sleep
watched endless tv with me
iced me
and brought me the Times
so that i could be connected
your love has been my window to the world
I AM BLESSED
i am also on drugs.
delightfully floating on a cloud of narcotics
i
am
healing 
typing with my left hand.
waving at you (yes YOU)
Saying i love you
and appreciate you.

you.



No comments: