Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finally The World Premier of Fedra


Hi kids,

I am looking at my city that I love so much, weeping tears of joy.
Since I was a little girl, I wanted to be one of those "grown ups" in Chicago.
Walking briskly down the streets, dressing with purpose, and of course flair.
A pep in my step, determination behind my Jackie-O shades...
Now I get it. Its the walk of ambition.
Not the kind that's filled with lust and greed...but wanting to ascend to a higher ground.

After months of preparation, re-writes, conversations, workshops, blood sweat and tears
the final product is here.

Fedra Queen of Haiti will premiere tonight.
I love each and every person (friend or foe) that helped me get here.
And in the words of Miss Celie
"I might be po'
I might be black
I might be ugly
But thank God! I's here!"

Bless the Gods. Congrats to the Lookingglass Theatre Company.

Ciao for now kiddies.

No comments: