Thursday, October 22, 2009

Broad Way


Hi kids,

So we're off to week 2 of the run...it's a short one too. We will close NOV 15TH and I'm praying to the gods that the houses will start to fill up soon. As in tonight.

People amaze me though. I've had friends ask for comp tickets as if we don't need the box office support. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that people take time out of their busy schedules to come see a play, but seriously twixt now and closing weekend, you can't put aside 2o bucks for a ticket?

I have to gently remind folks, that this is like AVON. If you don't buy, ion't get paid. And I have a shoe habit to support---I mean I have loans to pay off.

But this is the life of a theatre actor. No matter how great the product, you never know if people will show. Its terrifying quite frankly. Lord knows I've been in the plays where the cast out weighs the audience (certainly not the case here), and our house responses have been great. I guess at the end of the day, I'm still that goofy kids jumping around my room with a a boa, and oversized sunglasses looking in the mirror pretending to be some Broadway star. I want the play to sell out every night and to have my image immortalized at Sardi's. Or the stall of the men's room. I ain't picky.

It's a gloomy day in Chicago. But to me, the heavens are shining on me. Cuz I'm on my way darlin. Somebody hand me my damned boa.

ciao for now kiddies.



No comments: