Thursday, December 8, 2011

Field of Dreams




Ciao fuckers!

Like my girl Badu says, "What a day, what a day..." 

Peace and blessings good people of middle earth. Your rollicking wet nurse had to work for her title "Tits of Steel." Today was a whopper.  It began with a breakfast meeting with the consortium working to support Mr. Rickey Calls A Meeting, followed by a photo & video shoot ON Wrigley Field, and a full rehearsal.  I'd like to say I'm going to make it to the gym, but that ain't happening.  If I got on a treadmill right about now--I can't even finish that sentence. I'm seeing double--as a matter of fact, I can't quite figure out what happened to that beautiful bottle of Chardonnay I just bought. I don't know how much I used to cook with v/s how much I poured into my water glass to drink. That's right. Your girl is drinking wine from a water glass--and you KNOW I'm a stickler for stemware.  But hell, I did do a photo shoot at Helms Deep--I mean Wrigley Field, so errthang is topsy turvy. But for the greater good--I put aside my cross town rivalry and just enjoyed being on a field.  A Major League field. A first for me.

And I'm grateful to our friends, the Ricketts family giving us all a rush!  For Anthony Fleming, it was a dream come true. He's a die hard Cubbie, and I'm pretty sure his dad took him to games there.  boy--I sure do miss Mr. Paul Fleming.

Wrigley Fricking Field. I thought the field was going to crack wide open and swallow me whole, the second I stepped on to it. But I must admit, it really did make the blood bubble with glee.  I felt like one of those kids in The Sandlot.  It was fucking thrilling.  And for the record, I've never hated the Cubs.  It's just the fans that give me the runs.

**And as a complete tangent, the great film maker John Hughes (rest his soul) was a fan of the Chicago White Sox Ball Club.  The famous scenes filmed in Ferris Bueller's Day Off were filmed at Wrigley ONLY because Comiskey didn't have any day games while they were in production.  Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well, enjoy this video kids. Thank you to all parties that made today possible.  You will forever have a place in my heart.  I felt like I really could do anything, being on that field today. It is my wish for every child to have that feeling.

So go and do something specfuckingtacular darling. And remember: Don't give up. It's not your style.

ciao for now fuckers,

x




Yes. I look like the lone Black extra from Dr. Zhivago.


Flying A Flag For Ron Santo
Anthony Fleming III as Joe Louis



No comments: